Vacation

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
BlueTongueBoris
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Vacation

Postby BlueTongueBoris » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:13 am

I'm going on a vacation tomorrow and I want to know how to prepare my skink for the trip. We aren't going on a plane and we are just driving for 4 hours to the mountains, I have an extra tank I will be taking for him, I have his food, lamps, bedding blankets (reptile blankets), and I have a reptile heating pad just in case he needs it. Is there anything I have to be aware of? He has been on car trips multiple times but not for 4 hours. I have to take him with me because the Vets cost alot of money and my friends and neighbors don't know how to take care of a lizard.

If it comes down to I have to take it to the Vets then I would have to see what I can do, but it's not guaranteed.
EricaLikeBurrito
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Vacation

Postby EricaLikeBurrito » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:46 pm

Do you have any way to clean up poop if he poops during the car ride? You will also need a water bowl when you set up his tank at your destination. Water conditioner and maybe a hide too.
BlueTongueBoris
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Vacation

Postby BlueTongueBoris » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:00 pm

EricaLikeBurrito wrote:Do you have any way to clean up poop if he poops during the car ride? You will also need a water bowl when you set up his tank at your destination. Water conditioner and maybe a hide too.

Yeah I'll be bringing lots of paper towels and reptile spray, I will also pack his hide and his water bowl :)

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”