Eye stuff and a smug skink

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Halogen
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Eye stuff and a smug skink

Postby Halogen » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:21 pm

So i think some of the scales around my skinks eye were a bit darker than usual. But then again i never paid much attention to it so maybe im worrying over nothing. Also my skink had some dirt buildup on one side of his face and I tried to remove most of it but my skink was being squirmy. And in the process of trying to get a picture of the scales underneath the dirt, my skink left me a present and forced me to wash my sheets at 10 pm

Does anything seem off? If so, how can i help my skink?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fiji Fan Club President.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Eye stuff and a smug skink

Postby splashy07 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:18 pm

Could be just dirt, food residue or possibly just a scale or two with leftover shed? His eyes look fine, just keep an eye on the area to make sure it does not get worse. Doesn't look like anything to freak out about.
ReptiFiles
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Eye stuff and a smug skink

Postby ReptiFiles » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:21 pm

I see what you're talking about, but it doesn't look like anything to get worried about to me. By the way, what's your humidity like?
Mariah Healey
Author of ReptiFiles.com, a free online educational resource for reptile owners
Check out my research on captive husbandry for BTS: https://www.reptifiles.com/blue-tongue-skink-care-sheet/
1.0 Tiliqua gigas evanescens
1.0 Tiliqua scincoides intermedia

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”