Bleeding feet on my BTS

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Imatotalskink
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Bleeding feet on my BTS

Postby Imatotalskink » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:12 pm

I have a 3 year old BTS and have never had any issues. I recently moved into my own place about 30 minutes away and had to drive him there. Since then he has been very active, but it seems he's more stressed. He is eating less and climbing the sides of the tank.

We just realized two days ago that his front feet are bleeding. One looks like it's shedding, but it is too many layers of skin and is causing it to bleed. We cleaned his tank and put down paper towels but he seems even more stressed since we changed his surroundings. I talked to a woman at the pet store and she says it is rot. I don't think it is. His back feet are starting to do the same thing and they look like road rash, I think this may have been his bedding, which was mulch, and his hide, which was a very abrasive rock texture. We removed all that and are trying to heal him. I cannot afford another vet visit.

Anyone had this happen? Any advice? We don't want to loose our little Azul :helpme:
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Bleeding feet on my BTS

Postby splashy07 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:48 pm

Pictures of your skink and your setup will help.
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Re: Bleeding feet on my BTS

Postby Janella » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:03 pm

Yes, if you can post pictures we could help better

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”