Skinks speem plug is different than usual; does it look ok?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Ohgeez
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Skinks speem plug is different than usual; does it look ok?

Postby Ohgeez » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:35 am

So I've seen my boy drop plugs quite often now, a randy little 10 month old he is. All of them I've seen had the same quality; translucent-ish and would absorb into the tissue when wiped up.

But the one he just dropped -on my bed too, naughty boy- was exactly as white as his urate, no translucency, and felt rubbery/stringy. Is this normal??

Here's a picture, sorry its not the best.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Skinks speem plug is different than usual; does it look ok?

Postby splashy07 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:01 am

Looks fine to me, one of my Northerns started dropping them at 5 months of age. I caught him in the act this morning and will post a picture at another time (I'm at work) so all can see what a nice fresh one (eeew!) looks like.
Ohgeez
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Ohgeez » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:41 pm

I have a picture of his usual plugs, much less "solid" than this one. The fact that its completely fresh and looks like that has me worried, but maybe sometimes they just are different and im fretting over nothing lol.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:46 am

Here's one a few seconds old from my six month old northern.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”