Skink Enrichment

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
DerpyHerpLover
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Skink Enrichment

Postby DerpyHerpLover » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:22 am

Since we try to give our pets the best care we can, we are commited to giving them all a little enrichment whenever we have a chance. Today was our girl Grendel's turn.
For today's enrichment session we placed a couple of big, fat hornworms in a wiffleball and let her nose it around the enclosure trying to get them out. The first one took a while, with her getting the ball stuck between the wall of her enclosure and one of her cork logs.
The second took a little over a minute and is linked below so everyone can enjoy the show. :thumbs:
https://youtu.be/1qNLbRB_mMU

What types of enrichment do you provide for your skinks?
0.1 Het-Sunset Northern BTS, "Grendel"
0.1 Ball Python, "Millie"
1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa, "Leto"
kingofnobbys
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Re: Skink Enrichment

Postby kingofnobbys » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:35 pm

cleavour girl ...

will have to get one of those balls for my BTs and beardies....

my gang, it's fun floor time , tubes some times , and TV and watching and interacting with us .
AnimalHouse.Alive
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Skink Enrichment

Postby AnimalHouse.Alive » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:02 am

I've been wanting to get some balls and try something like that with my two, for now I use one of TC Houston's methods which is the scenting enrichment using dollar store children 'food' toys.

My 6 month old has no interest in hers but Sebs loves his corn of many smells.

20626635_1576466622412335_2523952307313421939_o.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”