Advice for New BTS Owner

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Jmccant
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Advice for New BTS Owner

Postby Jmccant » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:41 am

Hi All,
I am new to this forum. I do not have a BTS yet, but would love to get one in the near future. Right now I am researching and "doing my homework" to ensure a happy, healthy life for a BTS. I currently have 4 Redfoot tortoises which are all large enough to live outside now. I am looking into getting a BTS to have in my classroom. I teach 4th grade. I would bring him/her home during holiday, summers, and long weekends. My plan is to have a tank set up at school and a separate tank set up at home. Like I said I am researching and would love to have advice and to have some experienced "go to" people that I could refer to for questions.
GeezerRep
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Advice for New BTS Owner

Postby GeezerRep » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:07 am

There is a whole series of videos at ReptileMountain.tv on You Tube that I think you will find valuable. I hope this helps.
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Re: Advice for New BTS Owner

Postby Janella » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:30 am

Welcome to the forum and that sounds nice for your kids at school. Have you narrowed down your type of skink you are interested in? Some are more friendly than others. Also each skink as its own personality. Some love to be held and interacted with and others not so much. I highly recommend getting one from a good breeder on our forum. We all are here to help, so if you have any specific questions, just let us know.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”