Why must you climb everything

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Ohgeez
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Why must you climb everything

Postby Ohgeez » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:50 pm

For a reptile that isnt known for climbing they sure do love to!! I want to take my skink out to roam around my room as I feel like he gets bored in his enclosure and to try and lessen his glass running. This is proving more difficult than I thought... he just climbs everything! He figured out that by pressing against the wall, he can scoot up it onto my bed, then he'll slide right off it - plop right down onto the floor so he can climb back up. He tries to climb up things he cant easily get on, so he'll just be dangling as he attempts to push himself up (and most the time fall). Do they do this because its kiiind of like burrowing? Do they just like being up high? Is he looking for places to hide? If so I'd imagine my blankets would be more appealing than ontop of my bedside table :lol:
Gosh this skink and his climbing.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”