Normal breathing?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Leigti
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Normal breathing?

Postby Leigti » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:02 pm

Hello, I had a question about my three month old Northern BTS. He is laying on his basking at rock, and seems to be breathing heavily compared to what I have seen so far. I've only owned him about a week and a half now.
The area right behind his front legs is moving in and out very quickly. He is not flicking his tongue or moving anything else. He did just take a couple bites of food a little bit ago. Is this normal? I know I'm probably just being a paranoid new owner but I can't help it. Just want to make sure there's nothing wrong.
JRbeast
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Normal breathing?

Postby JRbeast » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:13 pm

They can breath heavier after eating,also since new to u might also b a little stressed when u r near.Most likely nothing to worry about.But people more knowledgable than me can give their 2 cents.
EricaLikeBurrito
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Normal breathing?

Postby EricaLikeBurrito » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:52 pm

It's probably just stressed. I wouldn't worry too much unless it continues.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”