Florida

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Florida

Postby splashy07 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:09 am

Would just like to take a minute to pray for friends in Florida, Ray Gurgui and Ron Couto, let's hope all come out unscathed, friends, family and all their critters. I have a tenant at my place in Delray Beach and from what she says it's not as bad as they make it seem here. Anyway, storms are not good regardless, so let's all extend our prayers and best wishes.
kingofnobbys
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Re: Florida

Postby kingofnobbys » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:50 am

I've watching this develop over the last week and know of people on other boards who are harms way. Most of them have taken advice and done the logical thing by evacuating (taking their pets with them).

Taking a category 4 on landfall (on the west coast of Fl) and storm surges as far in land a 30 miles.

The sane thing to do , if anyone on this board is still thinking of riding this one out in their homes to defend their homes from looters , or hoping to shelter in storm local shelters, is to get out now while they still can as there are no homes in Fl built to withstand category 4 hurricanes and likely no storm shelters strong enough either.

Don't prey for them, tell them to evacuate.
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Postby Janella » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:57 pm

Prayers for Florida!
BlueTongueBoris
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby BlueTongueBoris » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:11 pm

My family is in Florida, I hope they are okay with their little lizards too!
EricaLikeBurrito
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby EricaLikeBurrito » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:40 pm

I have family in Florida too. They are being hit directly. I hope them and their cats are doing ok.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:55 am

Thanks for your prayers, I've heard all is well so far with the exception of power outages. I've got a few friends with hundreds of animals and evacuation was absolutely not going to happen. My building was built in 1978 and has suffered absolutely zero damage over the years. In some cases it is better just to hunker down and wait it out if not coastal and in a flood zone. If you have never lived there you have absolutely no idea how hard it is to evacuate. The interstate is bad enough on a Friday night rush hour. And...if I were currently living there I would never leave my collection behind, regardless, and it certainly would not all fit in my pickup truck. Thanks to all who prayed with me.
BlueTongueBoris
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby BlueTongueBoris » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:53 pm

That's lovely to hear their all doing somewhat better! My best friend is experiencing some power outages and will likely go back to school next week. I hope everyone and everyone's animals are doing okay! :D
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Postby Janella » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:10 pm

Glad to hear that you are doing well. Hang on there and prayers for our country right now.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”