ID for Blue Tongue??

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
MysticBlueTongues
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

ID for Blue Tongue??

Postby MysticBlueTongues » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:30 pm

Hi there i was on not that long ago about my new little blue tongue skink. I was told by the breeder it was a CB Indonesian Blue Tongue but just wanting to make sure that is deffo what Indie is. :D She has settle down though and is a little angel, took a lot of hard work though haha .
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by MysticBlueTongues on Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
starscream3232
SuperNerd
SuperNerd

Re: ID for Blue Tongue - Indo??

Postby starscream3232 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:40 pm

Need a clearer full body pic to help identify. Looks like an Indonesian or a meruake. Tough to tell at that angle. Highly doubt it was captive bred. Indonesians and meruakes are rarely captive bred. Also a ton of imported Indonesians are all over the place now being sold as captive bred. Also I would change the bedding immediately. They need high humidity to thrive. Around 80%. Cypress mulch and top soil are good choices.
Greg
7.5.9 T.s. Intermedia Northern Blue Tongue Skink
1.0 T.s.s. NSW Eastern Blue Tongue Skink
3.2.7 H. gerrardii Pink tongued skink

https://m.facebook.com/ribluetonguesskinks/
MysticBlueTongues
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Re: ID for Blue Tongue - Indo??

Postby MysticBlueTongues » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:27 am

Hi there i will be able to get a clearer picture later on today, but that picture was just when Indie arrived and i have her on a mix of that an coco fiber and the humidity lies between 70 and 80% all the time. :D That is one thing i make sure is at the right place.
Also it was 100% captive bred as it is from a reputable breeder. :)

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”