Blue tongue ate foam! Poisoning?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Sunny_Skinks
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:14 pm
Country: Australia
Location: Brisbane

Blue tongue ate foam! Poisoning?

Postby Sunny_Skinks » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:29 pm

Hi- I have a 9 month eastern bluey that accidentally ate some foam...
It was a piece about 1cm wide and 2cm long. I only got time to pull a tiny bit of it out of her mouth... (about 1/6th)
It was the type of foam used for kids craft
I did feed her earlier before the incident
i just turned my head for about 10 seconds (which i wont be doing again)
Is my skink going to be ok?
AHH :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
help ;-;
She hasn't pooped since. only happened about 2 days ago
User avatar
Scotts1au
Great Scott
Great Scott
Posts: 4357
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:19 am
Country:
Location: Central Victoria, Australia

Re: Blue tongue ate foam! Poisoning?

Postby Scotts1au » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:59 pm

That is pretty impressive. It should be ok assuming it is an adult-ish proportions.

They routinely eat stonefruit seeds in the wild - or at least in suburban gardens which are probably bigger than your piece of foam and often jagged. It may take a few days to come through. I wouldn't worry about poisoning. Don't feed for a few days until it pops out.
If you wait, all that happens is that you get older. M. Andretti

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests