Can BTS break lamp?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
kyerth
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Can BTS break lamp?

Postby kyerth » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:55 pm

Ok, so, I wanted to put the UVB light fixture inside the housing, I've seen some people say to put it inside (I think I saw..) because acrylic blocks all the light and meshes block a lot of it
but I'm so worried the skink is just gonna lift up and bumb her head in the lamp and break it... She could her herself pretty bad!
The enclosure will be 18" tall with 3" to 4" of substrate.
I also have the concern that the bluey will lift up 12 inches up and touch the heat emitter / incandescent light and burn herself!
Anyway, I'm kinda new so thanks in advance for any replies :D
kingofnobbys
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Can BTS break lamp?

Postby kingofnobbys » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:11 pm

kyerth wrote:Ok, so, I wanted to put the UVB light fixture inside the housing, I've seen some people say to put it inside (I think I saw..) because acrylic blocks all the light and meshes block a lot of it
but I'm so worried the skink is just gonna lift up and bumb her head in the lamp and break it... She could her herself pretty bad!
The enclosure will be 18" tall with 3" to 4" of substrate.
I also have the concern that the bluey will lift up 12 inches up and touch the heat emitter / incandescent light and burn herself!
Anyway, I'm kinda new so thanks in advance for any replies :D

He'll be fine .

Yes acrylic will block 100% if the UVA & UVB , and if you have a mesh lid this will block as much as 40% of the UIVA & UVB.

Put the basking globe and CHE inside a wire cage , this will stop the lizard from touching the globe or the CHE's very hot surfaces.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”