how well can they climb?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
beckymason
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

how well can they climb?

Postby beckymason » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:06 pm

hi. my daughter has a blue tongue and we just made an out door enclosure from an old guinea pig cage. i put chicken wire around the outside but not on top. my question is, do you think they can climb up and escape through the top?
il add a picture.
its really only designed to be used while we are around. so if the weather is bad she wouldnt be in there,.
thanks in advance
kingofnobbys
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Re: how well can they climb?

Postby kingofnobbys » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:51 pm

They are better climbers than you'd expect....

The biggest risk is something nasty getting in with them and killing them .
BD99
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: how well can they climb?

Postby BD99 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:44 pm

My bub can climb 2 - 3 foot, if she can't just slip through the cracks. But no tail, so weight difference.

My older girl can too, but she is like 1 - 1 1/2 foot long.

As they grow, Bluetongues lose some ability to climb due to their increased weight, but they are still impressive and deceptive. I would 100% roof it.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”