My Skink stopped eating

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Re: My Skink stopped eating

Postby Janella » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:56 pm

So what was the diagnosis??? What antibiotic is he on? Sorry to hear this.
kingofnobbys
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Postby kingofnobbys » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:23 am

Kylejs91 wrote:Got him back from the vet he's got to have an antibiotic shot every 2 days, they said he will survive but might not live a normal healthy life..

What is the vet treating him for ?

Did the vet take bloods to determine the exact course of the BTs infection , or is this just a "shot in the dark" try this antibiotic ...?
Kylejs91
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Kylejs91 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:59 pm

I go back to the vet tomorrow they never really said to what the antibiotic was for other than he had an infection in his tail that they removed (not the tail) this lump that was formed, other than that im finding out everything i need to know tomorrow including what you just asked me because i was wondering the same thing. Behalf on my part i should have asked more questions than i did, but considering the only vet i could take him to doesn't really specialize in reptiles and i was really worried for him so i did what i could at the time
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby Janella » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:01 am

An infection in his tail? Abscess? Definitely fill us in on what the vet said. If he does indeed have an infection, that alone could be why he doesn't want to eat. Please keep us updated.
Kylejs91
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Kylejs91 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:19 am

He is receiving antibiotic shots I cannot recall the name of the shot sorry they told me today and i forgot the name of it, hes actually starting to eat again after 2 shots that he has gotten and becoming a little bit more lively, they recommended that i switched out his substrate which was reptibark and use paper towel until the wound has healed.
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby Janella » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:57 pm

Is there a name of the medication on the label? It has to be on there by law. Glad to hear he seems to be improving. Definitely keep us posted.
Kylejs91
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Kylejs91 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:10 pm

I have nothing they give him shots
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby Janella » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:24 am

Okay, I got what your saying. It still would be nice to know what they are giving him. Either way though I hope your skink keeps improving and will start to feel better soon. Good luck.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”