How much weight can I put in my tank?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
araquanid
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

How much weight can I put in my tank?

Postby araquanid » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:27 am

I'm not sure if this is the right spot to ask this question, but I can't find an answer anywhere else.

I have an exo terra tank (36x18x12) and I wanted to put a rock in there for my skink to bask on, but it's a rather heavy rock (about 24 lbs) and I was worried it might break the bottom of the tank.
Does anyone know if that would happen, or is the glass strong enough to support a rock like that? Any info would be much appreciated.
kyerth
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: How much weight can I put in my tank?

Postby kyerth » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:45 pm

Have you tried contacting the tank company yet?
do you know the thickness of the material? (and which material the bottom is made of)
but I'm certain that if you support the portion of the tank that the rock will be going, It will be fine (maybe some pieces of wood or books)
Just don't drop the rock hard on the bottom
:3

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”