Is my bts overweight?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Aiden
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Is my bts overweight?

Postby Aiden » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:30 pm

Im not completely sure if he is overweight or not, its difficult for me to tell since i am a new owner and i just got him from someone who was getting rid of him. If he is, do i feed him less or just smaller portions? Another thing, he doesn't seem that active at all. Can being overweight cause that?
Thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
alichamp

Re: Is my bts overweight?

Postby alichamp » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:36 pm

You have a merauke and yeah, is a bit chunky. What temps do you have in the enclosure for him, and how often and what is he being fed?
Aiden
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Is my bts overweight?

Postby Aiden » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:16 pm

Temps are about 95 on warm end and 80 on cool end. Im not exactly sure how accurate that is though, due to just not trusting the temp thing i have in the cage. I just got him and the old owner didnt tell me his diet when i asked, just told me his favorite foods. I have feed him some stew with some roast, potatos, and carrots, dry cat food with baby food veggies, and chicken with zucchini. Each meal in one sitting at different times and days. He doesnt have a consistent diet yet, but i have gotten a bunch of wet dog and cat food for him that im planning on regularly feeding him. I am feeding him twice a week.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”