Bad Skink

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Halogen
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Bad Skink

Postby Halogen » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:32 pm

Does anybody have the problem of their skink deciding to make shirts, bedsheets, and anywhere else but their cage the bathroom? I've had to clean up around 4 times and its getting really annoying. I doubt skink diapers exist but is there anyway to potty train your skink?
Fiji Fan Club President.
Aiden
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Bad Skink

Postby Aiden » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:34 pm

Mine seems to do this too. I just assumed that it was because he becomes more active when i take him out of his cage, not completely sure though. He never goes to the bathroom on me or anyone else though, he waits until he is put down. I would suggest just putting him down in the grass or where ever you want him to go to the bathroom at first to let him use the bathroom before handling to try to avoid this.
Dwarfbeardeddragon
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Dwarfbeardeddragon » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:32 am

they seem to go to the toilet when first being grabbed as they alot of them dont like being held midair especially when not supported properly, this the reason they pee or poo most of the time i reckon, when not supported properly. i would suggest handling after they poop because i have heard they dont usually poo twice in a day. :D
kingofnobbys
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Postby kingofnobbys » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:20 am

Well .... how would you like to have to go the toilet in your bed and have to sleep with the horrible stinky object there ?

Skinks are cleavour, they don't like soiling what they regard as their territory .... in the wild this would attract predators , so it's a survival strategy.

If you adopt a routine that encourages pooing in certain spot, your skink will soon do this of it's own accord as they are creatures of habit and really like predictable routines.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”