How long till they eat?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
lilcathr
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

How long till they eat?

Postby lilcathr » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:31 pm

I've had my bts since August 4th. ( it's the 13th now) she's barely eaten anything besides bananas she loves bananas she will only take a few licks or a bite of food and I've tried cat and dog food dry and wet. Greens , blueberrys and strawberries, eggs,mealworms,snails . I'm thinking about boiling chicken next if I can't get her to eat . How long till your bts ate regularly?
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Re: How long till they eat?

Postby Janella » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:50 pm

They should start to eat shortly after you getting them. How old is this one? Where did you get it from? I read what you have tried, but have you tried mixing it all together in a blender or food processor? Also to much banana can cause diarrhea and loose stools. If it like it though mix banana in with all the stuff it is supposed to eat.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:19 am

Check your temps, make sure he has a basking site of at least 95 degrees. My babies never stop eating. How old is he?
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby Janella » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:16 am

Thanks splashy07, I forgot to mention that as well. :thumbs:
lilcathr
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby lilcathr » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:50 pm

She is about 2 or 3 years old. I got her from a breeder close to where I live. I haven't tried blending it all together. I've mixed it but not blended it. I'll have to get a temp gage to see what her hot area is at .
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby Janella » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:48 pm

Sounds good. Definitely keep us posted. Where are you located? That could very possibly be playing into as well.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:06 am

What type of BT is he? If Gigas (Indonesian species) it could also be related to a low humidity issue.
Unhappy skinks will not eat. Possible to post a picture? Is his enclosure large enough for him to
thermoregulate? Too hot or too cold can also create feeding problems.
lilcathr
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby lilcathr » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:27 pm

I'm from Kansas. She's a northern mix? Not pure , and I have her in a 55 gal it won't let me post pictures I'm trying to figure out why

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”