Spot cleaning problems

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
lucidmind
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Spot cleaning problems

Postby lucidmind » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:16 pm

Hi all! I use coconut husk substrate for my BTS. It looks really pretty in the terrarium, smells nice, and my BTS LOVES burrowing around in it. The only problem is that he usually pees/poops underground, and it has been quite hard to locate and spot clean because of this! Does anybody else have this issue? I was thinking about possibly switching to aspen because it would be easier to see excrement, but my BTS does seem to like his coconut husk. :noknow:
TPceebee
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Your Facebook name: Insta - @Oxide_fx

Re: Spot cleaning problems

Postby TPceebee » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:25 pm

What I usually do is take the skink out and then put a glove on and sift through the viv with my hand. Otherwise, If you can't find it it's not too much of a big deal, just make sure you clean the whole cage and change the substrate regularly.
Reptiles Owned:

1.0 Northern - Rusty - 1 July 2015
0.0.1 Black Roughneck Monitor Lizard - Neville - 1 April 2019

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”