A little worried about Norbert

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
kingofnobbys
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Re: A little worried about Norbert

Postby kingofnobbys » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:46 pm

alichamp wrote:
R176 wrote:The hide/tunnel on the left I loosely put some of the soil in and misted it, so it's nice and humid and covered for him.

Did you read the link I posted? The humid hide needs to be under the heat source so that it's like a sauna. If it doesn't get enough heat it won't be humid, just soggy wet. Just check and make sure what the hide to the left is doing inside.

That makes sense , since Indonesia essentially straddles the equator , no where more that 11deg latitude N or S , so very warm - hot and very humid is the norm , ie like a sauna...year round .
R176
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: A little worried about Norbert

Postby R176 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:31 pm

He mostly hangs out on the ground of his cage in front of his warm hide on the right during the day I've noticed and sleeps under the warm hide at night. I imagine Becuase the heating pad is under that. The hide on the left is just a tunnel, when I have some more money I'll make/buy him a proper humid hide and fill it with moss like I saw on a couple other threads so he has somewhere extra moist to hang out and "burrow" in, as well as some better temp/humidity sensors. I just can't afford anything for the next week or so, but for now he seems to be doing very well

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”