[HELP] ABOUT MY BTS DROOPINGS

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
vaclist
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

[HELP] ABOUT MY BTS DROOPINGS

Postby vaclist » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:53 pm

hey i just got this IJ for like a month, probably WC. fed him veggies n greens n fruits(which was the daily ingredients for my meals too lol, cleaned)
i found out that her feces is kinda too mushy and yesterday i found out that something moving in/on her feces. it looked like a WHITE tiny probably 0.1 - 0.5 cm long white wormish creature. so i do a full cleaning , changed her substrate into new(im using aspen mix).
Should i do a deworming on her?
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Re: [HELP] ABOUT MY BTS DROOPINGS

Postby Janella » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:05 pm

Yes, I would absolutely have a fecal ran on her and get a dewormer started.

Also you have her on an Aspen mix substrate? For IJ, they need a higher humidity. So it is recommended to house them on something that holds humidity better. I am not sure what you are mixing the Aspen with, but I would change to something better if you can.
alichamp

Postby alichamp » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:06 am

ditto Janella. Take it to a vet and ask them exactly how to arrange for a poo test on your visit - you will need to take a pretty fresh sample.
vaclist
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby vaclist » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:30 am

Janella wrote:Yes, I would absolutely have a fecal ran on her and get a dewormer started.

Also you have her on an Aspen mix substrate? For IJ, they need a higher humidity. So it is recommended to house them on something that holds humidity better. I am not sure what you are mixing the Aspen with, but I would change to something better if you can.

changed into coco husk and still the same mushy thing, i dont think there's a commandable reptile pet nearby.
by the way she only eat fruits (banana , papaya, much more than eggs n greens)
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Postby Janella » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:25 pm

Where are you located? I would highly still recommend having a fecal check. However, it sounds like your diet is wrong. They need to be fed 50% protein, 40% veggies, and only 10% fruit. Follow the feeding chart on our forum. To much fruit could also be causing the very loose stools. Try changing up the diet and see if that helps. Keep me posted.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”