WHY won't she eat her veggies like a good girl??

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Bluey13
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

WHY won't she eat her veggies like a good girl??

Postby Bluey13 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:38 pm

Hello! I have a four-year-old Iranian bluetongue who has had a rough past. I got it from someone who let her loose in the backyard and then said they found her. I was able to figure out that they actually owned Her and were just trying to get rid of her. I quickly fell in love with her and found out that the previous owners used to hand feed her so she's very gentle when she takes food from your hand. In fact for the first few months I could only feed her through hand; she would not take her food through a plate no matter how many different plates and bowls I tried to give her. I've since trained her to eat out of her bowl but I'm having an issue getting her to eat any kind of vegetable whatsoever. It doesn't matter if I boil it cut into tiny pieces or mix it into a scrambled egg she still will not eat her veggies. Any tips on what I can do to help her eat her veggies? :noknow:
kingofnobbys
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Re: WHY won't she eat her veggies like a good girl??

Postby kingofnobbys » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:06 am

a mix of repashi GRUBPIE and VEGGIEBURGER might be a good solution for her .... slowly increasing the amount of VEGGIEBURGER over time and mixing in greens and chopped veg .

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”