Building my own terrarium

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Dylan.A
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Building my own terrarium

Postby Dylan.A » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:30 pm

I've been watching some tutorials online and a lot of people are using normal 40-50 watt bulbs In their stacked terrariums. Because the bulb is closer do they produce enough heat and if I do use a heating bulb will it be too strong for the skink. The top of each terrarium will be at around 22" and with the fixture and then the bulb it would be approx 16-17" from the bottom of the terrarium then there is the bedding and logs to consider. So if anyone has experience or knowledge of this please let me know I really want to make sure I don't burn my skinks.
Susann
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Building my own terrarium

Postby Susann » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:42 pm

HERE is a thread that hopefully explains why nobody has answered your question yet, and why it is so important that you have an infrared thermometer on hand. :)
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”