Can you help me ID ?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
dzipkoark
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Your Facebook name: d

Can you help me ID ?

Postby dzipkoark » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:14 am

Hello everyone
After much efforts I succeeded and I to get my blue tongue skink...here in Serbia I could not find it and I imported from the Hungaria (terraplaza)
I do not have a lot of experience so I need help... thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tcopitho
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Re: Can you help me ID ?

Postby tcopitho » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:35 am

Definitely leaning Classic indo or Halmahara, Tiliqua gigas gigas. Its a bit too young for me to tell for sure, hopefully someone can jump in with a second opinion.

This little guy, being an Indo species will require a high level of ambient humidity in its enclosure in-order to grow up healthy and happy. Try to maintain 60-80% ambient. If that is difficult to maintain, consider adding humidity hides in the enclosure so there is always an option. Keep it on a humidity retaining substrate, so cypress mulch or coco fiber, and stay away from bedings like aspen shavings. I also use a misting system to provide routine misting to help with humidity, its a great investment for Indo species keepers. Remember that humidity is very important, but needs to work in tandum with overall proper husbandry to keep this guy healthy. (Please dont think Im assuming you do not know how to take care of your skink, Im just speaking from my own experiences and offering advice based on that). This site is an amazing resource, if there is anything you are unsure of just type it in the search and you are bound to find many posts on the subject, I've learned tons here.

Congratulations on your new skink, it sounds like you went through quite a bit of effort to acquire it, and I think you'll find its worth it!
dzipkoark
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby dzipkoark » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:31 am

thank you very much for your response....it means a lot to me
I thought that Irian Jaya,but you're right it's very small ... I'll wait to grow up and we'll see
I set hin today beech wet rough peat...he was happy, I'll be buried in a second.
I was looking to buy him almost half a year. I finally succeeded and I am very happy
tcopitho
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby tcopitho » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:02 pm

Yes, keep us updated as he grows! :thumbs:
dzipkoark
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby dzipkoark » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:44 am

we grow
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:35 am

Yes, Halmahera. Very cute pics!!!
dzipkoark
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby dzipkoark » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:14 pm

[

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”