Coir Mulch????

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer

Coir Mulch????

Postby Nae » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:21 pm

Heya folk!!!

Long time no see!!
Long story short became very unwell, wound up in hospital, lost job, moved out of home to the city to be closer to support and medical services, have been out of work for a few months and yeah.
But! I finally have a proper job which means Zeke will be moving down to live with me very soon!!! (Saw him for the first time in months two weeks ago)

As such I've gone out and brought him a snazzy new set up which I'm going to completely do up with handmade fake rocks and plants.

But my main concern is my substrate of choice. I definitely want a natural look (the paper pellets have worked excellently for the last 5 years but alas) so I brought a block of coir mulch hearing that it's fine.

However when I rehydrated it (quite the mission in an apartment Ahahaha!) I have become slightly concerned about how fine some bits of it are, and how large other bits are.

IMG20170214115539-1024x768.jpg

IMG20170214115614-768x1024.jpg

Am I just being paranoid??
He's going to have large smooth surfaces of rock when I'm done landscaping, and I'm considering isolating his hiding places so as then perhaps he can have the newspaper pellets just in there. Not that he's much of a burrower~

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NickBrahz
The Undecider
The Undecider

Re: Coir Mulch????

Postby NickBrahz » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:47 pm

My 3 bubs have been on Coir mulch for roughly 18 months now and i am yet to have any issues with it.
Edward
Carpe diem
Carpe diem

Postby Edward » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:10 am

It's great to see you back, Nae. :2thumbs:

No personal experience with it but that mulch looks just fine to me.
Nemo me impune lacessit.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:11 pm

Been using it forever for some of my other reptiles, recently started using it for all my BTs and they love it and so do I!
Cheap and easy to spot clean and looks great. Welcome back, you were sorely missed! Hope you are recovering nicely and feeling great!
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer

Postby Nae » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:53 pm

Sweet, thanks guys! :mrgreen:
It looked different from other coir mulches I saw online so yeah just got a little worried~

splashy07 wrote:Been using it forever for some of my other reptiles, recently started using it for all my BTs and they love it and so do I!
Cheap and easy to spot clean and looks great. Welcome back, you were sorely missed! Hope you are recovering nicely and feeling great!

Thank you <3 I still have relapses and such, but for the most part I am going much better :D

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”