Post Pictures of Your Skinks: Part II

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
JRbeast
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Post Pictures of Your Skinks: Part II

Postby JRbeast » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:50 pm

I just got my first Bluey.Got him from Daytona Breeders Expo from Ray Gurgui,hes a Northern.
17Meese
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby 17Meese » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:08 pm

Here's my skink. I just got him 3-4 weeks ago. He just went through his first shed with me and he looks better than ever. He's 2 years old (or so I was told). I was also told he was a northern but I highly doubt that. Can anyone shed some light on what kind he is
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JRbeast
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby JRbeast » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:27 pm

I tried this once but pics didnt load so lets try again here r some pics of my northern bluey Zanitos got from Ray at Daytona Bteeders Expo couple of weeks ago.Im new to skinks but alrdy hes best pet Ive ever had so smart and so much personality.
20170820_160805-1.jpg
20170820_171847-1.jpg
20170826_151434.jpg
IMG_1504135771256.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Postby Janella » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:34 pm

Congratulations, very adorable!!
RedheadChick96
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby RedheadChick96 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:32 pm

First time posting, so lets see how this goes!

This is my little love Reese. I bought her from a local expo July 1st. I originally went in hopes of getting a northern but the breeder I talked to didn't make the expo while I was there. So I ended up with my merauke and I couldn't be happier. She's about 5 months now (:
Jowday
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Jowday » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:08 pm

Hello everyone, this is Dougie:

He is the second Bluey I've owned, after I originally had to give my first one up for adoption before a move a few years back. He's allegedly a three month old, purebred Northern, but those dark patches behind his eyes give me a bit of pause; would anyone care to verify his breed?
Regardless, I've only just brought him home tonight and am completely enamored! :love: Very energetic and personable, despite some initial huffiness.
ascerny
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby ascerny » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:45 am

This is Gurumarra - about 4 months old Northern who is our classroom pet. The kids love feeding him and he watches them as much as they do him. I've always loved these guys ever since I was knee high and there was one at our zoo.

ugh. pics apparently didn't work.
Last edited by ascerny on Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ascerny
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby ascerny » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:29 pm

My 4 month old Northern, Gurumarra. He's a classroom pet in my Science 7 classes and the kids love him and love bringing him his food. He's still getting used to them more and more and watches them about as much as they do him (if not moreso).
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby Janella » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:56 pm

What a cutie!
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby Janella » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:28 pm

Here is another cute picture of my guys today. Love these guys so much.
limbothelizard
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby limbothelizard » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:18 pm

Hey guys, I'm rather new to the forum, I've used it many times for advice but this will be my first post. I believe Limbo is an Indonesian but I know they are notoriously hard to know for certain unless you have experience. He'll be 3 this december, and I've had him since he was just a baby. Anyways here's my bt![album][/album]
LeadedCactus83
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby LeadedCactus83 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:34 pm

"Mom, let's hold hands."
My loco Moko
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby Janella » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:57 pm

Took these the other day of Noodles. I can't say enough how much I love him. He is the absolute sweetest BTS.
islandlizards
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby islandlizards » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:17 pm

This is King Billy and Correa. They are two Tasmanian Blotched Blue-Tongues. They were rescued from a fire pit as babies down in Hobart, 3 hours from where I live. They are one year old. Correa is 32cm and King Billy is 36cm long. I named them after Tasmanian Native Plants, the King Billy Pine and the Correa. Their favorite food is Skippy (Kangaroo meat), snails, strawberry, banana and boiled egg.
Stacy
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Stacy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:36 pm

I just adopted this guy, my first ever rescue reptile. This website has been a huge help in learning how to care for him. Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge!
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby Janella » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:05 am

Congratulations!!! What's it's story that makes it a rescue? Glad we all could help :-)
Stacy
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Stacy » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:47 pm

Janella wrote:Congratulations!!! What's it's story that makes it a rescue? Glad we all could help :-)

My husband works for animal control, they got a call that this BTS was left behind by a former tenant who could no longer care for several reptiles. (That tenant was notified and given substantial time to claim his pets.) I visited the shelter several times and fell in love. We named him Sparkle, after a local Christmas parade being held the day we got him. Sparkle now lives in my elementary classroom. He is quite the character!
Hannahsammeli
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Hannahsammeli » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:08 pm

Teeheee... found Boop hiding in my pig stuffies.. like he’s E.T. Or something
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby Janella » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:46 am

Awe, thank you so much for rescuing Sparkle! Adorable. Love the pictures
Y33T
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Y33T » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:55 pm

My south Queensland Easterns Kira and Bajo.
I got Kira when she was 4 weeks old from a breeder a few hours far from home. She's my first reptile. She is 2 years old and 50cm long.
I got Bajo from VHS (victorian herpetological society) reptile expo in March, he was less than a week old when i got him. He is nearly 10-11 months old now and currently 36cm long. He was an impulse buy bc 1 skink is never enough.

They don't live together btw, they're only together when they're outside under supervision.
1.0.2 Tiliqua scincoides scincoides, Kirra, Bajo and Hestu <3

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”