Sneezing BTS with small mucus bubble

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
awesomehunter
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Sneezing BTS with small mucus bubble

Postby awesomehunter » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:22 am

Just wanted to ask if I should be worried and rush my Irian Jaya to the vet.

He sneezed three times in succession in his tank. In the first sneeze, I saw the smallest bubble of mucus poking out of his nostril. It's really small, and went back in after he inhaled. He sneezed a couple more times, and hasn't sneezed since.

Besides that little bubble, his eyes are bright, he's active, he's attentive, and he's been a voracious eater. I've listened to his breathing, and there is no crackling or whistling.

I do live in a tropical country but I make sure he gets his share of sunlight and shade.

Should I be worried? D:
Dan
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Sneezing BTS with small mucus bubble

Postby Dan » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:38 pm

If the symptoms don't persist, then you could attribute it to a fluke. But be sure to mention it at your next scheduled veterinarian consultation. However if it's chronic get that chap to the doctor post haste!
awesomehunter
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Sneezing BTS with small mucus bubble

Postby awesomehunter » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:35 pm

Oh, thank you!

There's been a bit of dust in the house but I make sure his tank is clean. Besides the occasional sneeze and this incident, he doesn't have any other signs of RI.

I'll be bringing him to the vet this weekend just to be safe.

Thank you!

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”