Green on scales?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
ShiloRose
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Green on scales?

Postby ShiloRose » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:00 pm

Hello~!
Me and my skink Balthazar hasn't been very friendly recently, but I haven't had time to clean his cage or feed him. Its not algae growing on his back is it? Or do I have a huge problem?
Irian Jaya - Balthazar
Green Wing Macaw - Lady
Pomerianian - Snickers
Shnouzner - Zoey
Pappiyon - Misty
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil

Postby Katrina » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:07 pm

I don't know what green on the scales could be - can you post pictures?

If you haven't had time to feed him or clean his cage, maybe you could try to find him a home elsewhere, where they will have more time for him?
ShiloRose
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby ShiloRose » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:13 pm

Yeah. I'll have to post them tomorrow.

I should have more time after this busy week and weekend. I just feed him and seems to have perked up. I've been looking into finding him a new home. I have to notify his old owner first because I was just watching over him.
Irian Jaya - Balthazar

Green Wing Macaw - Lady

Pomerianian - Snickers

Shnouzner - Zoey

Pappiyon - Misty
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil

Postby Katrina » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:16 pm

Definitely post pictures. If it was only a week that you weren't around much, that shouldn't be a problem at all. :D They don't need constant attention.
MissMeg
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast

Postby MissMeg » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:05 pm

Whats the humidty in his tank. Im not sure what scale rot looks like, but I think if its too humid in their tank they can get scale rot (I would think that that would be on their tummy though) Im probably wrong though.. someone else might know. We definatly need pictures though

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”