Irian Jaya female not digesting food.

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
iJoker
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Irian Jaya female not digesting food.

Postby iJoker » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:58 am

My skink is not digesting her food. Like, at all. The superworms come out in pieces and the blueberries come out whole! The greens come out leafy. What can I do to help her? Is it an obvious answer?
Coomassie
The Inked Chemist
The Inked Chemist

Postby Coomassie » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:56 am

What are your temperatures like? If the temps are too low they won't digest their food properly.
Cay T.
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil

Re: Irian Jaya female not digesting food.

Postby Katrina » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:30 am

iJoker wrote:My skink is not digesting her food. Like, at all. The superworms come out in pieces and the blueberries come out whole! The greens come out leafy. What can I do to help her? Is it an obvious answer?

Yeah, check your temperatures for sure. And read over the caresheet and double check all the basic husbandry.

Get a digital temperature gun so you are certain that the surface temperature of the basking area is correct - don't rely on a cheap one or one stuck to the side of the tank that is reading the ambient air temperature.

I'm going to move this to the general discussion forum. :wink:

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”