Wart with dry brown stuff...

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
reptile_fever
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Wart with dry brown stuff...

Postby reptile_fever » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:41 am

Well if noticed that he has a wart on his check & in his mouth i can see this brown scab like, in his mouth attached to his upper lip,i opened his mouth theres no pus or liquids ozzing in his mouth just a scab,but since hes had this, his appetite aint the greatest....Help please!!!
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil

Postby Katrina » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:09 pm

I'm going to move this to the General Discussion Forum - I don't see any discussions resulting from it, so not really applicable for the Advanced Discussion Forum

If there is some strange scab on the inside and outside of his mouth, and he has no appetite, take him to the vet. We can't really help without seeing it, so a picture might be useful, but I'd take him to a vet especially if it is affecting his appetite.

Good luck, a picture might be useful and let us know what the vet says! :)
Bird_Brain
The Happy Hitman
The Happy Hitman

Postby Bird_Brain » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:07 pm

If I were to take a stab at guessing, Id say abscess. But obviously, with no pictures and not a qualified veterinarian, I have no idea. Seek medical help from vet.
Brad
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil

Postby Katrina » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:03 pm

Yeah, I'd agree with Brad's thought. I know you said there is no pus, but reptiles don't form the same kind of pus as mammals - instead of liquid, a wax-like substance is formed.

Please let us know what the vet diagnoses! Good luck.

Oh, and if you don't already have a vet, you can use this list to find one in your area:
http://bluetongueskinks.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15381

:)
reptile_fever
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby reptile_fever » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:40 pm

Well he hasnt ate in 5 days till today,last time he ate some shavings got ingested,well today he's shed been over active then the past 5 days he pooped & then he pooped again...i took him out of his enclosure cleaned it up,put him in a bin with some calcium powdered crickets & worms he went to town now he's chillin,i was worried for a while..but either way the wart has faded with the shed just like it sais in the care sheets & Thankyou all for your concern,but still im bringing him to a vet just for the benefit of the doubt...The whole crew is going Ziggy our BTS,Rex my newest addition a Colombian Gold Tegu & Chica our Super Snow Gecko....This sounds like alot of $$$ But i rather be safe!!!
Coomassie
The Inked Chemist
The Inked Chemist

Postby Coomassie » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:06 am

Smart plan having them checked out. Let us know how it goes!
Cay T.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”