Cunningham Skink

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Herpman
Into the Blue
Into the Blue

Cunningham Skink

Postby Herpman » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:22 pm

Seen a couple of these in the local pet store, they are nice looking. Are these really skinks? not allot of care sheet info out on the net, seems to be very similar to the BTS though except for heat. Anyone own some of these? experience with them? thanks
jasjmm27
Live Bearing Lizards
Live Bearing Lizards

Postby jasjmm27 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:52 pm

I have 2 of them. They are really cool, not really ideal for handling but awesome to watch, especially if you have a group of them. They are very easy to care for, you can keep them pretty much identically to blue tongues...though a bit drier. Make sure you don't have a bit water dish...they don't swim too well. Other then that they can eat pretty much everything a blue tongue would...though they tend to be more insectivores if you allow them to be...they will do just fine on dog/cat food and some green/veggies, just like a bluey.

They do need lots of hiding spots, preferably rocks (or similar), though...they are very active and like to hide...though they do get used to you and often will just watch you until you open the cage.
2.0.0 - T.R.Rugosa
2.1.0 - T.R.Aspera
1.0.0 - T.Nigrolutea (Alpine)
0.0.11 - E.Stokesii
0.0.4 - O.Cataphractus
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=wi ... ng.lizards
shingleback aus
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Postby shingleback aus » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:41 pm

as said they have basically the same requirments as that of a bluey alothough they love live food alot and need it more frequently. also they are pretty skiddish and need some hiding spots to feel safe especially in the wild i have observed them basking on rock faces and take quick refuge in small cracks to escape prey they can be quiet swift.
true blue ;)
Roman
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Roman » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:03 am

Hello
there ar verry nice Skinks i have 4,6 from this .
you can only 1 Men with one or more Girls .
2 Mens is not good in one Cage!!!!!
Best is 1,1.Handling is not so good but there a wonderfull and verry activ !!! I have this skinks at 17 Years.
Sorry for my English i dont speak him.

RomanImage
1,1 Tiliqua intermedia
Tiliqua nigrolutea
0,0,4 Tiliqua intermedia juvenil
1,2 Tiliqua s. scincoides
4,3 Egernia cunnighami
1,2 Cyclura cornuta
Nephrurus milii
and more :-)
Scotts1au
Great Scott
Great Scott

Postby Scotts1au » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:51 am

Roman how about some photos of your blotchies. :-)
If you wait, all that happens is that you get older. M. Andretti
Herpman
Into the Blue
Into the Blue

Postby Herpman » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:51 am

excellent thanks very much, you have them in with your Blotched? i like the idea that i can get more then one in a cage, not to big etc, i might just go pick those up, any tips on sexing? or same issues with BTS? thanks again guys
Leigh
Leigh of the Law
Leigh of the Law

Postby Leigh » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:02 am

Nice photo's, I'd like to see some more AND the Blotchie
MMMmmmmm... Something???????
Herpman
Into the Blue
Into the Blue

Postby Herpman » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:46 pm

yes i would like to see more, especially the Cunn skinks, how you have them set up and stuff, no worries about the English, most English people speak it poorly anyways LOL (got i am glad this thing has spell check :-) )
Herpman
Into the Blue
Into the Blue

Postby Herpman » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:48 pm

hum that would be "God i am glad for spell check" darn! :-)
Leigh
Leigh of the Law
Leigh of the Law

Postby Leigh » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:43 am

herpman wrote:yes i would like to see more, especially the Cunn skinks, how you have them set up and stuff, no worries about the English, most English people speak it poorly anyways LOL (got i am glad this thing has spell check :-) )

:revenge:
Reeeeaaaaally, ared yoo shored abuot dat :lazy:
Herpman
Into the Blue
Into the Blue

Postby Herpman » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:43 am

see what i tell ya! LOL , well i went into the shop today apparently they (the pet shop) were told that this is a male/female pair...can't be certain, one does seem to have a bit of a hemi bulge that the other does not?? Hmm. asking 149.00 each (retail) so i figure i can get them for about 250 or so. They have been kept together and get along well i am told, i am thinking if they are both males (they seem to be full size) they would have some scraps now and again, unless the absence of a female keeps them cool headed. I think i will take the chance and buy them both, i will post pics when i get them.

Oh and Stuey my BTS had his first hornworms today....LOL he was not sure what to make of them at first it was funny to watch, but once he tasted i could see approval in his eyes. Expensive little buggers though.
Leigh
Leigh of the Law
Leigh of the Law

Postby Leigh » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:27 am

Good luck with the purchase, and as always the photo request has now been made.
Lizardman103
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Cunningham Skink

Postby Lizardman103 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:15 pm

I am thinking of getting a cunningham’s skink, amd I am wondering, is this a good lizard to keep while I still have to go to school? And I am also really new to owning lizards, so are they good for people who don’t have much experience with owning lizards?

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”