Dry food query

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Suzle87
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Dry food query

Postby Suzle87 » Mon May 14, 2018 1:52 am

Following reading on here that alot of you leave in some dry dog food for your skinks to pick at I just thought I best check with you how obsessed your skinks are with it?
Ventress is falling asleep for the night with his head on the edge of the bowl, spends far to much time at it eating and as a result is drinking more aswell (im presuming this is because of the dry food?)
I slightly moisten the food and have cut each little piece into smaller pieces to make it easier for him to eat but yes, should i confiscate it?
or do we think its just the novelty of it at the moment and he will stop being quite so obsessed soon?
thankyooou
Whnthsungoesdwn
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Re: Dry food query

Postby Whnthsungoesdwn » Mon May 14, 2018 9:38 am

Mine picks at it every so often. But doesn’t spend much time eating it. I put the bowl in after he had a full belly of his regular diet.
Suzle87
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Suzle87 » Tue May 15, 2018 3:26 am

Whnthsungoesdwn wrote:Mine picks at it every so often. But doesn’t spend much time eating it. I put the bowl in after he had a full belly of his regular diet.

Thanks for this, I did put it in after he had eaten so I really don't understand why hes addicted to it!
He went to it this morning (after a brave night daring to sleep away from the magical food) and it was empty... he didn't look too pleased at all, just kept smelling the empty bowl and looking at me haha.
I'll wait til he's got a full belly again and then try again with it. Maybe he's just too greedy to be trusted with the possibility of constant food!
splashy07
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict

Postby splashy07 » Wed May 16, 2018 6:01 am

What kind is it? I'd love mine to be so enthused about dry food.
Suzle87
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Suzle87 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:24 am

splashy07 wrote:What kind is it? I'd love mine to be so enthused about dry food.

It’s natures table - grain free wholesome chicken with sweet potato and vegetables
splashy07
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict

Postby splashy07 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:51 am

Can you post a picture of the package? I've never heard of it, maybe we don't have it on this side of the pond.
Suzle87
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Suzle87 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:57 am

splashy07 wrote:Can you post a picture of the package? I've never heard of it, maybe we don't have it on this side of the pond.

Yeh no problem il get a picture later when I’m home.
splashy07
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict

Postby splashy07 » Wed May 16, 2018 9:43 am

Never mind, found it. Can't get it over here. Figures! Thanks for the info anyway!

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”