Weird foot stuff

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Happyherper
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Weird foot stuff

Postby Happyherper » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:25 pm

I have been keeping my BTS for the past 5 yers, however recently I have noticed some weird behavior, in that he is licking his ind feet. I do not think that it is anything harmful, however my KSB just passed away, so I am panicked about every little thing right now. He was a shelter pet before I had him and before the shelter had him he was kept with many other skinks and was starving, so all of his toes some of his tail were bitten off, as well as severe scaring on his back, however he is still healthy, and a great companion. Any I was just wondering if anybody knows more about what may cause this, and if I should be concerned.
Y33T
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Re: Weird foot stuff

Postby Y33T » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:44 am

Probably trying to lick his bum? It might be a sign of parasites or worms.
Happyherper
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Postby Happyherper » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:33 am

Okay thank you, I suspect the petsmart crickets, which means that my box turtle, and pixie frog probably have them too, Do you have any suggestions of how to treat ths, and if it would work for the pixie frog (fluffy) and my box turtle (Heidi)
splashy07
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict

Postby splashy07 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:48 am

I have known of some who have used Panacur with success, but I would not know where to get it. You could check some online pet retailers. I'd schedule a vet visit. Another of many reasons I breed all my own insects.
A fecal scan might be a good idea. I'm sure you checked his foot for anything there that may be bothering?
Happyherper
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Postby Happyherper » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:38 am

Yeah I checked his foot. It is one of the ones that was most damaged by the care he had before I or the shelter had him, so it is usual, which for him is just a toeless flop.
Janella
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Postby Janella » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:42 am

I would have a vet visit. If he indeed is chewing at his foot, perhaps there is nerve damage causing him pain. It can't hurt to get it checked out. Also a fecal is always important. Let us know what happens.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”