Can somone identify my Blue tongue skink?

Feel free to post pictures, information, articles or anything else related to other skink species.
Forum rules
Topics may be anything to do with other skink species, keeping within the forum rules. Topics related to other lizard species, apart from skinks, are not permitted, but these can still be posted on the general off topic forum.
sidneymarek
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Can somone identify my Blue tongue skink?

Postby sidneymarek » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:07 am

Hello everyone, I was wondering if somone can help me identify my BTS, I got her from a local pet store because I fell in love with her. She’s about 16 inches long and a little over a year old, she looks like some Indonesian species and I don’t really know which one!
Thanks a lot!
-Sidney
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kayla990
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Re: Can somone identify my Blue tongue skink?

Postby kayla990 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:50 am

Pretty skink!

It looks to have part Kei Island blood from the dotted texture.. Interesting! While I can't say specifically - I agree that she's some form (or mix) Indonesian :D Hopefully someone has a better idea
- Hons. Degree Animal Management -4 years volunteer in a Zoo -10 years volunteer in animal shelters -Enclosure enthusiast
ReptiFiles
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Can somone identify my Blue tongue skink?

Postby ReptiFiles » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:50 am

I would venture to say full-blooded Kei Island, Tiliqua gigas keyensis.
Mariah Healey
Author of ReptiFiles.com, a free online educational resource for reptile owners
Check out my research on captive husbandry for BTS: https://www.reptifiles.com/blue-tongue-skink-care-sheet/
1.0 Tiliqua gigas evanescens
1.0 Tiliqua scincoides intermedia

Return to “Other Skink Species”