First time reptile owner: pink tongue skink

Feel free to post pictures, information, articles or anything else related to other skink species.
Forum rules
Topics may be anything to do with other skink species, keeping within the forum rules. Topics related to other lizard species, apart from skinks, are not permitted, but these can still be posted on the general off topic forum.
Morganlee107
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

First time reptile owner: pink tongue skink

Postby Morganlee107 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:05 pm

Hi!

So I’m a first time reptile owner. I was originally looking to get a blue tongue but ended up going with a pink tongue after hearing they could be more docile and were smaller. (Im calling her a she since she was the smallest of the litter but she’s still too young to tell). She’s almost 7 months old, around 4-5 inches, and I’ve had her for about 3 weeks now. I named her Moana. The breeder I got her from was feeding her runny eggs so I’ve been keeping that up since I know that’s what she likes. I’m going to introduce snails and banana to her soon to see if she likes them. I was just curious about handling. She’s little and hasn’t gotten used to me yet so obviously she’s skittish. I feed her by hand to gain her trust. I was just wondering what other people’s experiences were when it came to taming. Did it take long/what did you do to gain trust? Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
theycallmeRP
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: First time reptile owner: pink tongue skink

Postby theycallmeRP » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:03 pm

I don’t have one myself but TC Houston has some good handling videos on YouTube and it was a tanninbar. I think the same technique should apply. Good luck.

Return to “Other Skink Species”