My friendly house guests (Wild tame eastern water skinks) .

Feel free to post pictures, information, articles or anything else related to other skink species.
Forum rules
Topics may be anything to do with other skink species, keeping within the forum rules. Topics related to other lizard species, apart from skinks, are not permitted, but these can still be posted on the general off topic forum.
kingofnobbys
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

My friendly house guests (Wild tame eastern water skinks) .

Postby kingofnobbys » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:33 am

Both my wild skinky house guests showed up this afternoon.

Managed to get a very good look at the one who had a docked tail, and he's a boy , bigger broader head and some battle scars on his head (from territorial disputes with other mails) , longer back legs , all indicative of maleness in a skink, and he's a cheakie devil, I felt him patting my left foot while I was feeding Peppa, and the spotted him in the corner on the floor looking up at me, meanwhile Gutzy was on the top of the headrest of the lounge and watching / waiting .

As soon as I Gutzy saw me lift the lid on the petry dish that I have her ration of mealworm lavae and pupae in she came straight down to the corner near my left foot to job Cheakie (my boy) giving a great chance to compare them.
Both shared the worms and pupae quite amicably , taking turns to take a worm or a pupa, both LOVE meal worm pupae !!

He's quite lean cf her as would be expected in breeding season , he's too busy mating and fighting and sending compedator males off so wont have much chance to eat
She's quite chubby compared with him, well fed and maybe she's pregnant too.
She's got a full original issue tail, he's lost the last 1/4 of his.
Overall, both have bodies about the same length , estimate 7 inches NTV.
She's tamer than he is, but both trust me and know my wife and I , don't mind being close to us, and both know I'm the one who give them food and both have touched me (on the foot, side of the leg) to get my attention when I fail to notice they are here and waiting.
Scotts1au
Great Scott
Great Scott

Re: My friendly house guests (Wild tame eastern water skinks) .

Postby Scotts1au » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:33 pm

Need photos :-)
If you wait, all that happens is that you get older. M. Andretti
kingofnobbys
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Re: My friendly house guests (Wild tame eastern water skinks) .

Postby kingofnobbys » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:33 pm

Been a few weeks of very cold weather (wintery) and not seen the two visiters inside , but Cheakie showed up Thursday ( the day after we rescued Fluffy ) , came out from under the (just closed by me when I got up) laundry door and did a patrol of the hall and the bedrooms , bathroom and study/craftwork room then disappeared back into the laundry.
Quick visit yesterday , came from laundry again (but had been our bedroom as I heard something scratching away behind the dresser).
Another quick visit just now , chased a roach from laundry and caught it in the hallway where she made a meal of it, then she disappeared into the spare bedroom - good girl - she's earning her keep by eating roaches (and spiders) that are in the house.

Return to “Other Skink Species”