Aggressive Peter's Banded Skink

Feel free to post pictures, information, articles or anything else related to other skink species.
Forum rules
Topics may be anything to do with other skink species, keeping within the forum rules. Topics related to other lizard species, apart from skinks, are not permitted, but these can still be posted on the general off topic forum.
potey13
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Aggressive Peter's Banded Skink

Postby potey13 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:20 pm

I own two banded skinks that I house together, a male and a female, as I'm trying to breed them. Tonight's feeding was interesting as they got really aggressive with each other as I fed them worms. They tug-a-war with a couple ripping them in half and my female bit the nose and tail of my male skink. I will be separating them for future feedings. The main reason for my forum is if anyone has experienced this problem? And yes, I'm positive that it's a male and female as I'm very good with sexing this species and the person I bought from confirmed the sexes as well.
kingofnobbys
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Re: Aggressive Peter's Banded Skink

Postby kingofnobbys » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:52 am

I suggest separating them and only bringing them together briefly for romantic encounters in mating season.

At the very least feeding them separately .

Else you risk serious injury.
potey13
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby potey13 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:19 am

Ya I've never seen them be aggressive toward one another when they are exploring the tank. I'm gonna separate them though for future feedings
sweetpeapig1980
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby sweetpeapig1980 » Sun May 27, 2018 3:10 pm

How do you sex them? I have 1 but want a mate.

Return to “Other Skink Species”