SLATER'S DULL SKINKS? or Egernia frerei?

Feel free to post pictures, information, articles or anything else related to other skink species.
Forum rules
Topics may be anything to do with other skink species, keeping within the forum rules. Topics related to other lizard species, apart from skinks, are not permitted, but these can still be posted on the general off topic forum.
kennyd13
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

SLATER'S DULL SKINKS? or Egernia frerei?

Postby kennyd13 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:01 am

hi, does anyone keep these Egernia slateri, Slater's Dull Skink? any advice on their husbandry much appreciated. also the above image is of the animals for sale can any one confirm if these are actually the species mentioned? again many thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dakota
Snail Hunter
Snail Hunter
Your Facebook name: Dakota Nivens

Re: SLATER'S DULL SKINKS? or Egernia frerei?

Postby Dakota » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:01 am

Those do not look like Slater's Dull skinks — rather, Bellatorias frerei, "Major skinks". Kept similar to Tiliqua scincoides. I've noticed a lot of people give them ledges and such in captivity to hide in as they tend to be a timid species.
"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man." — Charles Darwin
kennyd13
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: SLATER'S DULL SKINKS? or Egernia frerei?

Postby kennyd13 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:31 am

that's what i was thinking to be honest. all the pics of the SDS i looked at do not look like these. but they do look like the major skinks. thanks anyway :)

Return to “Other Skink Species”