Eumeces Algeriensis

Feel free to post pictures, information, articles or anything else related to other skink species.
Forum rules
Topics may be anything to do with other skink species, keeping within the forum rules. Topics related to other lizard species, apart from skinks, are not permitted, but these can still be posted on the general off topic forum.
kl
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict

Eumeces Algeriensis

Postby kl » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:29 am

I can't say enough about this species. Berber Skinks are about the best pet lizard species (outside of BT's of course) there is. Their combination of fairly large size (16 inches or so), beautiful color, and being extremely tame make them awesome lizards. They use to be very common 20 yrs ago but when Morrocco shut down exportation they started to disappear. Occasionally a few animals show up in Europe. Hopefully with my group and a few other breeders now working with them we can help make them more available in the states.

KL
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mark_w
Skinks in the UK
Skinks in the UK

Re: Eumeces Algeriensis

Postby mark_w » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:24 pm

Kim that is a really really beautiful animal. I am emailing with a guy in Germany who has bred a bunch of these this year - I think he has some babies left. I will find out... What do you feed them on?

Mark.
scincoides - intermedia - nigrolutea - occipitalis
kl
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict

Postby kl » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:50 pm

If your talking about the guy who had 9 babies, I have heard they were all sold. For the fairly low prices they are it is well woth working with them. As babies they eat a diet high in insects. Adults almost exclusively a BT diet.

Kim
mark_w
Skinks in the UK
Skinks in the UK

Postby mark_w » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:01 am

Either its a different guy or he hasn't sold them I guess! Its a lead anyway...

Mark.
scincoides - intermedia - nigrolutea - occipitalis
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan

Postby Richard.C » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:19 am

Beautiful skinks,they have always fascinated me,great to see a few people working with them,keep us posted on how u go with them kim

Return to “Other Skink Species”