question about vivariums for Tribbies ?

Feel free to post pictures, information, articles or anything else related to other skink species.
Forum rules
Topics may be anything to do with other skink species, keeping within the forum rules. Topics related to other lizard species, apart from skinks, are not permitted, but these can still be posted on the general off topic forum.
iamthegame06
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

question about vivariums for Tribbies ?

Postby iamthegame06 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:51 pm

hey guys! i've been wanting to get a Red eyed crocodile skink (Tribolonotus gracilis/Tribbies), the only thing thats been holding me back from getting one is their set up, they require 60-100% humidity.. seems like its an ideal set up for gnats and mites..the last time i had a pet that required high humidity (a H. lividum) i ended up with a mite infestation, also a few days before that mite infestation, i was starting to see gnats from the same enclosure..I never had gnats in my spider room before then.. I had to clean all of my tarantula enclosures and throw out a lot of stuff..then i had to quarantine all my T's for about a month or so before i put them back to my spider room..Now I'm worried of getting mites again after 2 years of being mite free lol So for anyone who's keeping (or kept) tribbies, frogs or any other pet that requires high humidity, whats the best way to prevent mites? I was thinking of getting some isopods..what else can i do to avoid them? thanks for your answers!

Return to “Other Skink Species”