Lost Skink!

Feel free to post pictures, information, articles or anything else related to other skink species.
Forum rules
Topics may be anything to do with other skink species, keeping within the forum rules. Topics related to other lizard species, apart from skinks, are not permitted, but these can still be posted on the general off topic forum.
alysskoe
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Lost Skink!

Postby alysskoe » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:06 pm

So I have a fire skink and i've had it for 4 years, she usually doesn't let me handle her but that's fine we get along. Anyways, she escaped once before, but was really easy to find. This time, she's been gone for 2 weeks, I've had food out for her, I've put out water, I've tried a heat lamp in specific rooms, and ive looked everywhere, but I just can't find her!!!!!!
If anyone has any ideas please help I'm so scared that she's going to die in some random corner of my house I just need to find her!!
kingofnobbys
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Re: Lost Skink!

Postby kingofnobbys » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:59 pm

How big is she ?

If she's anything like the size of my eastern water skink (rescued) , about 30g , she can easily slip under doors and behind/under furniture.
Anywhere she can poke her head through she can go.

You're in the USA ? ... so it's likely she's found a cozy tight little spot and is curled up and napping. All you can do really is what you are doing and keeping a eye out for her, chances are she'll show up come spring on top the lounge , in the kitchen, in the bathroom or laundry (places where it's likely warm and the sun shines through a window and where she is in a chance of catching some bugs or finding food.

If you have an escape proof feeding dish that transparent , or even a tub that's transparently, you could try leaving that with some tempting worms (mealworms, BSFL say) somewhere she can spot it on the floor in a place you can watch ..... if she's hungry she'll be drawn to it and either raid it or try too.

good luck,
3Blue
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Lost Skink!

Postby 3Blue » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:29 am

Aw, that's really unfortunate. I dont have any tips, but I hope you'll find your munchkin!
"We laugh at our most painful memories-"

Return to “Other Skink Species”