DIYS ESCAPE PROOF FEEDER DISH

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
kingofnobbys
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

DIYS ESCAPE PROOF FEEDER DISH

Postby kingofnobbys » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:40 pm

Have a stash of large and small mailer tube end caps that I've accumulated over the years from my bulk insect deliveries (crickets, superworms and mealworms) from Frog Arcade in Victoria and took one and drilled using hole cutter a large hole in one.
(I've been keeping the caps that were not drilled out to use as water dishes and salad dishes for my hatchlings and young / baby and rescued skinks , and to provide feeding stations for the wild skinks and water dishes for the "house" skinks. I'll be keeping the drilled caps from now on too).

I used h/duty cloth tape to join two end caps (including the one with the hole drilled in it) together.

Tested overnight by placing some mealworms and some very lively BSF lavae in the dish , which was placed in a tub (incase some worms managed to climb out).
None did.

Here is my handy work - whole job took me 5 minutes.

Escape proof dish with worms in it.
Last edited by kingofnobbys on Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kayla990
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Re: DIYS ESCAPE PROOF FEEDER DISH

Postby kayla990 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:21 pm

Good idea! Should be easy enough to smooth down any sharp edges with sandpaper or a dremel too :D

I'm guessing it would be quite easy to clean out the inside as well!
- Hons. Degree Animal Management -4 years volunteer in a Zoo -10 years volunteer in animal shelters -Enclosure enthusiast
kingofnobbys
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Re: DIYS ESCAPE PROOF FEEDER DISH

Postby kingofnobbys » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:50 am

Made a smaller 60mm diameter escape proof dish , the 100mm dish is too big for the 10L tub my little water skink goes into in the afternoons when I'm feeding her.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”