Some people have been asking me about updates, so I thought I would inform you all that, due to several factors taking me away from home for extended periods of time this summer (one being that my father is very ill and I need to leave the country to go see him), I decided it was in little Tyke's best interest to go to a home where he will receive constant, capable care (alliteration was unintended
Little Tyke --who is now known by the name Gimp-- went through days when I was very hopeful about his prognosis, but also days when I did not think he would survive the night. Prior to sending him off he had done quite well for a few days in a row, which made me able to make the decision to go ahead and give him a better chance in someone else's care.
Gimp seemed to tolerate the shipping ordeal OK and was even improving a bit in his new home, but I will leave it up to the new owner if they wish to make it known that little Gimp is now in their care. The new owners know that they are giving Gimp a much better chance than if he had remained with me, but should he not make it (and I can barely even say that I'm guardedly optimistic), I know it would still be a crushing blow to his owners to lose him.
It has become fairly obvious that little Gimp has some mental/neurological problems along with his cranial deformities, and it remains to be seen how well he will get by as he develops, as it seems that his ability to move may be getting worse.
Gimp's new owners are even less likely to give up on him than I am, so please rest assured that everything will be done to give Gimp every chance he could possibly hope for.
Giving him to the new owners was my way of unselfishly assuring that he gets the best care, and the most love, possible.