Constipated?

This Forum is for scientific, medical, pathological, environmental, etc. discussions.
Rules are different for this forum, be sure to read through them inside.
Forum rules
The rules for this forum are different from all the others on this site.
1) Questions regarding sick skinks do not belong here.
2) If you are not sure if your topic is OK here, post it in the General Discussion forum; a moderator can then move it here if appropriate.
3) This forum is for advanced discussions, such as scientific, medical, reproductive, pathological, environmental, etc.
4) PROOF, FACT, and BACK IT UP are three things to keep in mind when posting.
5) Comments need to add to the discussion. “Good job”, “I agree”, or “Nice skink” etc, do not add to the discussion and are not allowed here. If stating an opinion, back it up with what experiences have led to that opinion.
6) The 3 month rule is not in effect; you may post on any thread no matter how old it is.
Ariel.R
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Constipated?

Postby Ariel.R » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:11 am

Hi,
I'm alittle worried about my Eastern Blue Tounge, he is probably nearly 3yrs old I've had him since a baby and never had any problems with him. Acouple of days ago I noticed him lifting his tail like he was going to go to the toilet but nothing came out I assumed he must of just wee'ed as we were out on the lawn and then he done it again shortly after and there was nothing there. I was thinking could he be compacted or constipated as I have also not seen him poo for awhile either? He hasn't eaten much in the past week and he looks to be puffy and fatter than normal but maybe he's just getting overweight. He seems fine as in walking around the tank and eyes seem bright.
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics

Re: Constipated?

Postby Fatal_S » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:22 pm

You could try feeding eggs/bananas and giving the skink a warm bath. Both of those tend to cause poops.
Ariel.R
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Constipated?

Postby Ariel.R » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:29 am

Thanks.. Have been trying the things above and He seems to be fine.. I was probably worrying over nothing

Return to “Advanced BTS Discussion”