BTS Xrays

This Forum is for scientific, medical, pathological, environmental, etc. discussions.
Rules are different for this forum, be sure to read through them inside.
Forum rules
The rules for this forum are different from all the others on this site.
1) Questions regarding sick skinks do not belong here.
2) If you are not sure if your topic is OK here, post it in the General Discussion forum; a moderator can then move it here if appropriate.
3) This forum is for advanced discussions, such as scientific, medical, reproductive, pathological, environmental, etc.
4) PROOF, FACT, and BACK IT UP are three things to keep in mind when posting.
5) Comments need to add to the discussion. “Good job”, “I agree”, or “Nice skink” etc, do not add to the discussion and are not allowed here. If stating an opinion, back it up with what experiences have led to that opinion.
6) The 3 month rule is not in effect; you may post on any thread no matter how old it is.
Karen
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict

BTS Xrays

Postby Karen » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:09 pm

Kat mentioned setting up a thread for Xrays, so I'll go ahead and post mine and then others can add any they might have. The full sizes if you click the pictures are pretty large.

DSC_0106.JPG

DSC_0107.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
• 0.1.0 Merauke - Sylvia
• 0.0.1 Northern - Tiberi
half
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: BTS Xrays

Postby half » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:54 pm

BINK@.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:54 pm

Thats a pretty sick xray. :shock:
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
half
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby half » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:55 pm

Binky
Karen
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict

Postby Karen » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:23 pm

Those are awesome Xrays half.

I was thinking, should those that put up Xrays also put down a brief description of any injuries/signs of illness to let any readers know what is abnormal?
• 0.1.0 Merauke - Sylvia
• 0.0.1 Northern - Tiberi
half
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby half » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:50 pm

half wrote:Binky

We fed Binky on Saturday and she vomited her food back up. We took a close look at her and she had a swollen bottom. Right away we took her to the vet and they gave her some antibotics untill we could take her on Monday to Massey University to the reptile clinic. They found the stomach full of something. I went to see her today and she has been put on a IV and given vitiams and dewormed. Her bottom is still inflamed and she seems to be gasping for air at times. They are now going to do a more extensive xray and ultra sound. They are also puttin a dye in her to see exactly what it is she has in her stomach. Fingers crossed, They are takin very good care of her and she is hydrated again. She is in a incubater at the moment to keep her warm.

I will post her ultra sound and other xrays later when they email them to me..
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:23 pm

My mom says that she sees for this picture ( download/file.php?id=4313&mode=view ) :
In the lung/chest area she sees what appears to be a fluid level. The round mass seems to be pushing on her esophagus which maybe causing her to regurgitate. The round shape looks like some kind of calcification or tumor/mass/growth.
For this pic ( download/file.php?id=4315&mode=view ):
She sees a lot of air around the circular shape, and she was confused as to why there was so much air (she used the term "highlighting" it). Which didn't look normal. As well as the tail looking crooked (MBD?).
(She isn't a professional veterinarian but she is a xray-technologist )
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/

Return to “Advanced BTS Discussion”