Hi and Merauke gestation

This Forum is for scientific, medical, pathological, environmental, etc. discussions.
Rules are different for this forum, be sure to read through them inside.
Forum rules
The rules for this forum are different from all the others on this site.
1) Questions regarding sick skinks do not belong here.
2) If you are not sure if your topic is OK here, post it in the General Discussion forum; a moderator can then move it here if appropriate.
3) This forum is for advanced discussions, such as scientific, medical, reproductive, pathological, environmental, etc.
4) PROOF, FACT, and BACK IT UP are three things to keep in mind when posting.
5) Comments need to add to the discussion. “Good job”, “I agree”, or “Nice skink” etc, do not add to the discussion and are not allowed here. If stating an opinion, back it up with what experiences have led to that opinion.
6) The 3 month rule is not in effect; you may post on any thread no matter how old it is.
kodis-babe
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Hi and Merauke gestation

Postby kodis-babe » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:45 am

Hi everyone I'm new here so sorry if I do anything wrong.
So first question, I cannot find this ANYWHERE all I can find is gestation is between 3-6 months. So is that for merauke's or is that general for Bluey's. As mine was due 18-3-11 and still no babies.
Thanks in advance
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil

Postby Katrina » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:33 am

Hi and welcome!

I'm not the best person to answer your question, but I'll tell you what I know and others can give more details. :D

Not many people have bred Meraukes, so there isn't great information on gestation period. A normal gestation period for Northerns is about 100 days, so it could be assumed that Meraukes will be similar. That's why you're not finding very accurate information.

Have you seen signs of her being gravid? Weight gain? Labored breathing?
kodis-babe
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby kodis-babe » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:50 am

Hi and thanks for reply. I have read that they aren't really bred much but mine were brought as T.S.scoindes but I have been told by quite a few BTS breeders that they are Evansces. I just thought that maybe their are some breeders from other countries on here that have bred them.
I caught the male trying to get on the female quite a few times (although not seen them locked) She has a few marks just below her neck and he has some on his head (from her telling him no presumably). However she eats the same foods every week and approx 3-4 weeks into me thinking she was gravid her weight kept going up and down quite obviously. But there higher ups then downs.
I worked out a rough 100 days which would have been 18-march.
As of yet she hasn't started heavy breathing.
They are currently outside with me enjoying some well earned sunshine

Thanks for your help :D

Return to “Advanced BTS Discussion”