Happy Halloween!

Anything and everything not pertaining to blue-tongued skinks.
Forum rules
This is the place where anything goes! As long as it adheres to our general rules, you may post about it here; for example, tell us or show us: who you are, what you do, what you love/like/dislike, what you have, what you made, what happened, how you feel, what you think, what you heard, what you read, what you wonder, etc. How about showing us something we’ve never seen before?!
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Happy Halloween!

Postby splashy07 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:04 pm

Happy Halloween, everyone!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
aaronhouts
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Re: Happy Halloween!

Postby aaronhouts » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:49 am

Good one!
Is that a Borneo short tail?
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:04 am

Yes, or Sumatran, or a zillion mis-nomers these things have. Some call them black bloods, which I think is ridiculous as the reason the bloods are called bloods are because they are red....and for some reason not as sweet as these guys, he is just a mush. I just love short fat snakes, there's a certain cuteness to them. Was an absolutely adorable baby, too!
Wish I could bring home a female, but they get so huge I couldn't accommodate..I'll probably just give him back to Vin when he gets big and take another baby to raise. I love doing that. Got a real weakness for baby snakes! Just brought home some baby crawl cays, will post a picture when I get home. Oh, are they sweet!
aaronhouts
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby aaronhouts » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:08 pm

Man, I am so jealous of your Vin Russo hookup!
Have you thought about getting into hognose?
They're small stubby things and what morphs they come in!
They almost tempted me back into snakes, but the BTS won out in the end.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:40 am

Yeah, Vin an I are like family. I even bought his classic car this summer because he didn't want it to go 'out of the family' and I wouldn't have let it anyway as I was drop dead in love with it. I tend to stay away from anything but boas and pythons, for the simple reason that they are so easy to keep. Colubrids simply go to the bathroom too much, and
boas and pythons just about twice a month..much easier to maintain. Plus I have not reached the point yet where I will stuff my BT's in racks, and those big cages take up a lot of space!
Years back I had all that, hognose, corn, king, milk you name it snakes. I had what was then called a 'Louisiana hognose" that was about four feet long and had orange/red markings starting at mid-body to the tail. What a gorgeous thing he was, and very intimidating-looking. My problem is I like everything, but I've had everything so now it's down to what is the easiest. Years back I was not into breeding, just keeping whatever came along that piqued my interest.
Now I'm old and need easy pets, long hours at work and too many other hobbies! Hopefully next year I can breed Easterns along with my already breeding Northerns, and no 'line breeding' or inbreeding here, I've got five different bloodlines, a few of which have some growing up to do. BTs are my favorite, and very excited about future projects!
aaronhouts
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby aaronhouts » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:40 pm

splashy07 wrote:Colubrids simply go to the bathroom too much

I hadn't really thought of that. Good reason I didn't go to the colubrids.
I hope those easterns breed for you. There are some awesome morphs in those things. Those solid black ones are awesome!

Return to “Everything Off-Topic!”