My other reptile pals :D

Anything and everything not pertaining to blue-tongued skinks.
Forum rules
This is the place where anything goes! As long as it adheres to our general rules, you may post about it here; for example, tell us or show us: who you are, what you do, what you love/like/dislike, what you have, what you made, what happened, how you feel, what you think, what you heard, what you read, what you wonder, etc. How about showing us something we’ve never seen before?!
MysticBlueTongues
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

My other reptile pals :D

Postby MysticBlueTongues » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:36 pm

Hi everyone i thought since i shared photos of my little blue tongue skink a few days ago and introduced her to use all i thought i would introduce the rest of the reptile pack.

I have 3 leopard geckos which are called Cora, Bolt and Sandy (who was a rescue):
Cora.jpg

Bolt:
IMG_0100_opt.jpg

Sandy:
IMG_0085_opt.jpg

Loki the Beardie:
IMG_0246_opt.jpg

And finally Mango the Hermann's Tortoise:
1048045_488894241180435_1023593092_o_opt.jpg

Hope use like the post :thumbs:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kingofnobbys
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Re: My other reptile pals :D

Postby kingofnobbys » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:49 am

Nice little tribe of reptile children .... those geckos look like they are real characters and full of mischief.
LittlePetDirt
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby LittlePetDirt » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:05 pm

Aww! They are so cute!
They all look so healthy!! :D
- Jaidyn :P
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:36 pm

Here's a few of mine. A few bugs thrown in too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MysticBlueTongues
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby MysticBlueTongues » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:51 pm

Loving the snakes Splashy, that will be my next reptile venture, as long as my mother will allow dead rodents in the freezer haha :D
The mantis are gorgeous as well, so stunning :thumbs:
kingofnobbys
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Postby kingofnobbys » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:58 am

Wow Splashi , you've got it BAD !!

Those pythons and little green lizards are really nice.

I too have had pet praying mantises and stick insects , currently it's mealworms , superworms, snails, crickets and silkworms and I've got my hands full caring for them and the two easterns and two central beardies and now Gutzy the water skink has rejoined the tribe.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:10 am

Yes, I'm bad. Started with bugs as a child, didn't win me any popularity contests because little girls in the 60's were not supposed to like such things....drove my parents insane constantly catching bugs and whatnot.
That's not even all of the collection...Just got some Aussie mantises this week, they are my favorite. I breed all my own feeder insects so always a constant supply. My current bluey count is 12, 5 Easterns and 7 Northerns. And yes, my freezer contains more rats than people food. That's the only drawback to snakes, wish they would eat a salad or something. But I simply cannot live without them.
kingofnobbys
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Postby kingofnobbys » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:18 am

splashy07 wrote:Yes, I'm bad. Started with bugs as a child, didn't win me any popularity contests because little girls in the 60's were not supposed to like such things....drove my parents insane constantly catching bugs and whatnot.

<<< gee .... every girl I knew in the 60s was into bugs, lizards, and fishing .... my little sisters, the girls in my street, the girls in my class , and all my girl cousins .... no wimpy little princesses amongst them

<<< we had budgies, finches, skinks, fish , frogs , a cat and a dog , sometimes dad would bring home a joey (when he came across a roo who's be run over and fund a live joey in the dead mother's pouch), possums too. And I was for ever going flipping and catching wild skinks and geckos and legless lizards and even some elapids ( baby black and baby brown snakes .... this freaked mum out and they usually disappeared pretty soon ..... I had great reflexes which were lightning fast and somehow never go nailed by a snake.

I only started meeting girls who were tame and scared of these things when I was in highschool and discovered square and ballroom dancing were great places to meet "nice" girls, I wound up married to one of them , and she's only started coming round after we had our first wild house lizard visiting , she was initially more scared of the little skink than the skink was of her. That changed the day the skink accepted a cricket from her fingers .... instant love !!!

That's not even all of the collection...Just got some Aussie mantises this week, they are my favorite. I breed all my own feeder insects so always a constant supply. My current bluey count is 12, 5 Easterns and 7 Northerns. And yes, my freezer contains more rats than people food. That's the only drawback to snakes, wish they would eat a salad or something. But I simply cannot live without them.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:01 pm

Was way different on this side of the pond. Girls were supposed to play with dolls. I played with little cars. And bugs. And still do, only the cars are bigger and the bugs are allowed in the house, no one to tell me not to!

Return to “Everything Off-Topic!”