Where is everybody?

Anything and everything not pertaining to blue-tongued skinks.
Forum rules
This is the place where anything goes! As long as it adheres to our general rules, you may post about it here; for example, tell us or show us: who you are, what you do, what you love/like/dislike, what you have, what you made, what happened, how you feel, what you think, what you heard, what you read, what you wonder, etc. How about showing us something we’ve never seen before?!
jdheff1982
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Your Facebook name: John D. Heffington

Where is everybody?

Postby jdheff1982 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:15 am

So, what's the deal with the forums? Seems like there is a lot less traffic than when I first joined in 2013. I rarely see any of the regulars post anymore and it seems new posts take a long time to get answered by anyone anymore. 99% of the time I visit, it's usually just me and the Bots. I know the Australians are sliding into their winter season now. So, maybe not too many responses from them. I just find it odd for a forum to have over 5700 members, that only 1% or less actually post. Is there another forum that is more popular than this one that I don't know about that members prefer over this one? I'd hate to see this site go under since it is the only place I've found that is dedicated to our skinks.

Someone clue me in! :noknow:
Northern BTS Rosco born 6/27/2013 acquired 10/1/2013 -> My Gallery:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B7iQnlFQvJfMTDFxLVUwaEN5Z0E?usp=sharing
---------------------------------
Care Sheet: http://www.bluetongueskinks.net/
tcopitho
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Re: Where is everybody?

Postby tcopitho » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:46 am

I agree it would be such a shame to loose this site, its and amazing asset to anyone interested in doing some real learning about these amazing animals.

I feel like Facebook has taken a lot of the traffic, which is unfortunate since its not at all designed to preserve info. Seems like there are a lot of new people on there too, asking the same basic questions every other week, who don't even know this site exists. Other than that I can really say where everyone has gone off to.

:noknow:
NickBrahz
The Undecider
The Undecider

Postby NickBrahz » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:22 am

I been meaning to get around to coming back and this is the first thread i opened.

Well i think the issue is people come, they find out what they need to know and then they don't have much use for the site anymore.
kingofnobbys
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Postby kingofnobbys » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:05 am

People get busy - with work, study, family life, dating and romancing and some loose interest. Maybe BTS are not as popular now as they were , can't see why (fabulous pets ! and full of personally and character and bloody little charmers and darned cleavour too).

I wasn't here on this board when in the period you mention, only discovered this place recently even though I've been keeping skinks for nearly 9 years now and been interested in them for a lot longer.

Sometimes someone gets ejected / banned and when they leave their hangeroners / pals leave with them , sometimes the banned person sabotages the board and drives lots of old members away, sometimes there is a management change / ownership change and people leave cause they don't like the way the new owner/s managers do things.
Only long term members who are still here will know why.

This board seems good to me , and believe me - I've seen much less friendly (herp) boards where a very vocal minority rule the roost and go out of their way to force their will and opinions on everyone and those who don't / wont cowtow ( to the self appointed experts and their groupies) who can't be made leave by being harassed (baited, trolled, stalked and continuously attacked) , are mass reported and eventually banned.
Scotts1au
Great Scott
Great Scott

Postby Scotts1au » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:02 pm

Hey first time back here for a while. I always get a bit funky on the lizards at this time of year.
Anyway went to check on some babies today from earlier this year - here is one. Hopefully my interest will get sparked again when the adults wake up.
IMG_3971.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you wait, all that happens is that you get older. M. Andretti
Dakota
Snail Hunter
Snail Hunter
Your Facebook name: Dakota Nivens

Postby Dakota » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:31 am

Still as obsessed with them as I was when I checked this forum 10 times a day. Life gets in the way. Working, moving, relationships, busy with personal animals, etc. C'est la vie. Even Facebook is hard to maintain, reason why I'm currently taking a hiatus from social media. Still a great forum to refer to, and I hope it continues to run.
"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man." — Charles Darwin
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:28 pm

Facebook happened
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:58 am

I hate social media. If anyone cares, I'll never leave.

Return to “Everything Off-Topic!”