Reptiles and amphibians in the wild!

Anything and everything not pertaining to blue-tongued skinks.
Forum rules
This is the place where anything goes! As long as it adheres to our general rules, you may post about it here; for example, tell us or show us: who you are, what you do, what you love/like/dislike, what you have, what you made, what happened, how you feel, what you think, what you heard, what you read, what you wonder, etc. How about showing us something we’ve never seen before?!
AvaRose
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Reptiles and amphibians in the wild!

Postby AvaRose » Sat May 13, 2017 8:02 am

Hi all! Last weekend I took a trip to South Carolina and went hiking with a friend in Harbison State Forest, and we saw a LOT of reptiles so I thought I would share it here.

IMG_20170508_134301.jpg

Racer (Coluber constrictor). This guy was just chilling in the middle of the path. Me and my friend stopped to take pictures of him until a guy on a mountain bike came by and clipped the end of his tail by accident. The snake took off unbelievably fast (guess that's why they call them racers).

IMG_20170508_142554.jpg

Fowler's Toad (Anaxyrus fowleri). There were a bunch of these, but only this one posed for us in a patch of sunlight.

We saw a bunch of lizards too, but they were too fast for me to get good pictures of any of them. I also discovered the iNaturalist app is great for IDing wildlife (because that's the only way I was able to ID these guys).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Scotts1au
Great Scott
Great Scott

Re: Reptiles and amphibians in the wild!

Postby Scotts1au » Wed May 17, 2017 6:26 pm

Thanks for sharing. We sometimes get the impression that you have no reptiles in the US or that everyone beets them to death with sticks. Please keep them coming :-)
If you wait, all that happens is that you get older. M. Andretti

Return to “Everything Off-Topic!”